[cmview-devel] Fwd: cmview kompiliert nicht

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Tue Sep 4 04:10:22 EDT 2012

Hi Ralf

Thanks for reporting the problems with cmview. I've just tested a clean
check out and I could compile it (cmview revision 816 and owl revision
1586). It is true that there are some complains about non-ASCII
characters, but those are only compiler warnings so it should finish
without error.

The thing is that cmview depends on OWL, our java library for structural
bioinformatics (http://www.bioinformatics.org/owl). You first need to
check that one out.

So for instance, if all that you want is compile a jar yourself you can
do it with "ant" directly, this is what I've done from Linux:

[of course as prerequisites you will need java, svn and ant, so make
sure you install the appropriate packages first]

$ mkdir owl
$ mkdir cmview
$ svn svn://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/owl/trunk owl/
$ svn svn://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/cmview/trunk cmview/
$ cd owl
$ ant jar # this produces an owl.jar under build/jar subdir which then
is used by the cmview ant builder
$ cd ../cmview
$ ant

That should give you a CMView.jar with all compiled code under subdir
build/jar.

If what you want is to check out the source and work from it from an IDE
like eclipse, then you will need to check out both cmview and owl as
separate projects and then add the owl project as project dependency of
cmview in eclipse (under "Java Build Path" in properties of the
project). Let us know if you need help with that.

Cheers

Jose