[cmview-users] Problem running various pdb files+dssp error

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Mon Jun 10 12:10:22 EDT 2013

Thanks a lot for sending the file. So I've managed to track it down to a
problem with the chain code used for the ATOM lines (your file has an
empty chain code) and the one used for the SEQRES lines (chain code A).
It is a bug in CMView: it does not match the 2 sequences up and then
tries to guess a sequence from the residue numbers in ATOM lines,
instead of using the SEQRES one.

In any case the problem is solved if you use the chain code A for your
ATOM lines (replacing the blank in column 22), then you get the correct
contact map displayed. Also I've noticed that your coordinates end at
TYR 226, but the SEQRES sequence has a few more residues. It would be
good if you also removed those from SEQRES so that you don't have a few
trailing unobserved (empty coordinates) residues.

We'll try to fix the bug at some point, but that will take some time as
at the moment we are bit short of time.

Cheers

Jose