[cmview-users] CMView and Phosphorylated proteins

Jose Manuel Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Tue Aug 5 11:58:54 EDT 2014

Hi Pryank

Just a couple of comments. First about having non-standard amino-acids
read properly: indeed the latest development version obtainable from
github will most likely cope better with them as support for
non-standard amino-acids has now been developed in the underlying OWL
library.

It seems that you already managed to get the code from SVN and compile
it, but just to let you know this would be the process to get the latest
from github and compile the package (it has become a lot easier thanks
to maven):

(You will need both the maven and git packages installed locally for the
"git" and "mvn" command to work)

$ mkdir owl; cd owl
$ git clone https://github.com/eppic-team/owl.git
$ mvn install -DskipTests
$ mkdir cmview; cd cmview
$ git clone https://github.com/josemduarte/cmview.git
$ mvn install -DskipTests

This will give you a final jar file under cmview/target that you can
then use to run cmview with "java -jar cmview.jar".

About the NMR structures indeed as Henning says we do have an
experimental feature to show all NMR models in gray scale. To try it out
you simply need to set USE_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURES=true in the cmview.cfg
file, then you'll get a checkbox to load all models in the structure
loader dialog.

Hope this helps

Jose