[dnd] install proplem

Nikolaos Margaritis markoni@otenet.gr
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:53:05 -0400

On Sat, 29 May 1999, you wrote:
>Hi ^^ Niko.
>
> Did you succeed in compiling dnd program?
> ^^

Actually, the dnd program compiles fine. Also it installs ok and it produces
a quite neat rpm package. Unfortunately, It gives me a segmentation fault when
I try to run it.
Also, there seems to be a little problem with dnd-devel. This is what I get
just after the install stage (i.e. the %post stage of the rpm spec file):

Finding provides...
Finding requires...
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `/var/tmp/dnd-0.5.1-root/usr/lib/libdndmd.so.0.0.0'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `/var/tmp/dnd-0.5.1-root/usr/lib/libdndws.so.0.0.0'

This happens because these lib files are installed with chmod 644 instead of
755.

>On Sun, 30 May 1999, Nikolaos Margaritis wrote:
>
>> there are meant to be some files installed in /usr/local/share/dnd but
>> none was installed there.
>
>The files, that should be installed in /usr/local/share/dnd, are
>dnd-file-loader.desktop and dnd-md.desktop from $(dnd-src
>dir)/workspaces/md/gui and url-properties.desktop from $(dnd-src
>dir)/workspaces/url-properties.

Still, I cannot find those files. How are they meant to be installed?

>The files in $(dnd-src dir)/workspaces/url-properties are from
>GNOME-control-center.

Actually GNOME is not my GUI. KDE is mine, but I installed every GNOME
bit I should have installed. Did I probably miss something? If yes,
should that not be mentioned in the spec file (and probably add another
Require entry in the spec?)
Could you explain, please?

>I update the INSTALL file. Please remember that dnd.directory file is
>important to run "dndcc".

> To run dnd program, please type 'dndcc' which means 'dnd-control-center'.

this is exactly what I do when I get the segfault...

regards,

Nikos

PS. Should we use pgp signed mail? Or would that be unnecessary?
    What do you people think?
--
Dr. Nikolaos A. Margaritis
Agias Marinis 40, Larissa 41221, Hellas (Greece)