[Genquire-dev] lenght problem fixed

David Block dblock@gnf.org
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:08:40 -0800

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 08:57  AM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> Length problem fixed with the GB flat file adaptor - it turns out that
> length
> is not calculated on-the-fly as I thought, but is actually an attribute
> of a
> feature object, so it must be explicity set during feature creation.
> I'll
> figure out where GQ_Local calculates this during the feature-editing
> process
> and ensure that I make a note of it in the adaptor docs, as it isn't an
> obvious thing to have to deal with.

Remember, everything is a vector with start, direction and length? :)

> I also fixed an error that I introduced into ShowSequenceContext just
> before
> Christmas (I forgot that Perl thinks undef == 0 ... ick!).
You mean both undef and 0 are 'false' - they're not equal to each other,
but they're both not true - the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

> that now works
> properly for the Genbank adaptor also.
>
> I also have the COMMIT subroutine return 1 for now, since it is
> effectively
> non-functional :-)
I would think so, in this case.

> So... I think we're ready to publish!   Dave, any last-minute worries
> before
> I submit the manuscript?  Danny, how do you want your contributions to
> be
> recognized?

Every once in a while I start Genquire up and it just works - wow.  Of
course, the schema has to be in place, etc.  We're a baby project, we
need more Dannys out there installing this, so let's publish away, and
get some kinks worked out!