[Genquire-dev] Re: [Genquire-users] Trying to understand some code

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:06:13 -0600

Hey Danny!

When you were setting up Genquire from scratch, did you have to manually fill the
FeatureType table, or did one of the scripts do that?  My concern is that the
change_types code (called anytime a feature is created) will automatically fill in
a FeatureType entry for any type that it has never encountered, but it sets the
"container" value to 'N' by default, meaning that (AFAIK) gene objects would not
be considered containers if Genquire was left to its own devices.

Dave - any comment?

I want to be sure that I make a note of this in the documentation if it is
necessary to initialize this table by hand.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada