[Genquire-users] Re: [Bioperl-announce-l] Genquire Initial Release.

David Block dblock@gnf.org
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 07:17:59 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Brian Haas wrote:

> David,
>
> I'm very interested in checking out the genquire
> software.  I went to the site at bioinformatics.org
> and I was unable to find any software to download.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?  Any information here
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brian

Glad you like it so far, Brian!

The best way to get it right now is by anonymous cvs from the website.
You need to have cvs and ssh installed - if you are coming from Windows,
that's tricky.  On linux you may already have the correct software.

Matt Links at PBI is working on a semi-automated install script
(equivalent to an install wizard) that works for Windows.

We are tackling a few bugs, but we could put together a snapshot (.tar.gz
or .zip) for you to download.  Let us know your platform, and we'll see
what we can do.

Dave
Genquire dev