[Genquire-users] config files for data sources

Brian Haas bhaas@tigr.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:25:18 -0500

I've finally got the Genquire software to run successfully.  Now, I'd
like to test out the software and view some sample data.  I have a
sample genquire.conf file which identifies several data sources and some
.cfg files, but I currently lack the .cfg files, resulting in errors
'Attempt ot connect ot this datasource failed'.

Any chance there are some sample files floating around that I could use
to familiarize myself with the software?

I've read the documentation.html file. If there are any other READMEs or
FAQs or other text that you could point me to, I would be grateful.

----------

On another note, one of my key interests in using Genquire is to view
our Eukaryotic annotation data.  I've been toying around with the
development of a perl-Tk annotation viewer which operates based on our
XML files.  Using the existing Genquire software for this purpose would
have many advantages.

Thanks,

-Brian

--