[Genquire-users] Stable release 3.00a available.

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:21:05 -0600

Hello users/developers!

Our latest stable release, 3.00a, is available for download, or CVS
checkout.  I have also repaired the CVS repository after last weeks hard
drive crash at bioinformatics.org so you can safely cvs update to get
the latest stable code.

This is the Genquire version which is being sent to the reviewers of the
Genquire manuscript (submitted to Bioinformatics journal) and the
Genquire book chapter (to be included in "Computational Genomics",
edited by Richard Grant).  If anyone wants pre-publication copies of
either of these manuscripts let us know.

Genquire 3.00a is stable with BioPerl version 1.0a (the alpha release
preceeding the final 1.0 release which will happen very very soon!), and
version 1.0 of go-dev (available from sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geneontology/).

There is, apparently, a problem of incompatability between the current
versions of Tk and Tk::JPEG available on CPAN.  The problem has been
resolved with the ActiveState release of ActivePerl/PPM as of last week,
but apparently not with the current CPAN modules.  As such, I discourage
users from updating their Tk or Tk::JPEG modules until this problem is
ironed out... sorry, but there's not much we can do about it at our
end...  it aint our problem :-)

Cheers all!

M & D

--