[Genquire-users] [Fwd: Re: problem installing Genquire]

Chunyu Liu cliu@yoda.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:17:02 -0600

Mark,

Problem is still there.
With your suggestion, the Installer does call CPAN.  But it still broke
at the Tk step as following attached string.

I also tried the installation under MS-DOS command line, rather than
cygwin,  it calls ppm, failed too, as attached string.

Under Cygwin called CPAN

cp tkScrollbar.h ../blib/arch/Tk/pTk/tkScrollbar.h
gcc -c -I..  -I. -Ibitmaps  -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/l
ocal/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O2   -DVERSION=\"800.024\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"800.024\"
  -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/CORE -D__WIN32__ -Wall
-Wno-implicit-int -
Wno-comment -Wno-unused -D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__ ClientWin.c
ClientWin.c:30: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
ClientWin.c:31: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [ClientWin.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CYliu/.cpan/build/Tk800.024/pTk'
make: *** [pTk/libpTk.a] Error 2
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
Tk              [NOT INSTALLED]
Unknown Error installing package: Tk
Please report this error to the GENQUIRE developers

under MS-DOS

Tk::Event object version 800.022 does not match $Tk::Event::XS_VERSION
800.023 a
t D:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 219.
Compilation failed in require at D:/Perl/site/lib/Tk.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/Tk.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.