[ghemical-devel] news update, Aug 2002

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:06:28 +0300 (WET)

Hi all, again.

Just thought to inform you what is going on at cvs nowadays, and about my
plans for ghemical v1.0.

In the cvs MANY_PROJECTS_BRANCH, that is going to become v1.0, I have done
all improvements that I see possible for v1.0 except the GUI improvements
(converting console I/O into dialogs). So I think that's all we need for
v1.0 and I'll add new dialogs one by one, and (certainly during 2002) when
we have no console I/O anymore we have the v1.0 ready for release.

In the cvs HEAD branch, things have gone forward quite nicely, but I'm
still doing many changes all over the source tree, and therefore it's
probably difficult to track what's going on there. Also the file format
will change soon a bit, also making the HEAD branch less usable (of course
I will sync the branches as soon as it makes sense). In the HEAD branch,
the main advantage of the new design is now working and visible; there's
only one "project", and by clicking "Compute/Setup..." at the popup menu
one is able to select easily whether QM or MM calculations should be used
(the mixed models and other stuff there doesn't work yet). Right now I'm
converting all my own works into HEAD branch code based, and I hope that
the HEAD branch will be stablized at spring 2003 (if not earlier).

Regards,

	Tommi