[ghemical-devel] support for MPQC v2 was added

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:49:33 +0300 (WET)

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Michael Banck wrote:

> > > when I try to run autoconf2.13. Do you, too?
> >
> > Nope. My autoconf version is
> >
> > 	$ autoconf --version
> > 	Autoconf version 2.13
> >
> > and everything else works except the top_buildir.
>
> Looking closer, I've seen that top_builddir is already defined in
> configure.in.
>
> As we didn't change anything WRT this, did autoconf work for you
> earlier?

A version from last friday works the same way; gives a blank top_builddir
like the current version.

> Perhaps you're using a non-portable shell? What does "echo `pwd`" yield?

Seems to work:

	/tmp$ echo `pwd`
	/tmp
	/tmp$

I looked at the config.status file but could not pick any relevant
section.

Ooops, this is interesting. There seems to be two separate versions of
autoconf here:

# locate autoconf |grep bin
/usr/bin/autoconf
/usr/bin/autoconf-wrapper
/usr/bin/autoconf2.13
/usr/bin/autoconf2.50
#

I even can start either of them, but I don't know the logic how the
version is chosen:

$ autoconf --version
Autoconf version 2.13

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

PURPOSE.

Ok, let's just leave this problem unresolved; probably the scripts are
just fine.  :)

	Tommi