[ghemical-devel] CVS branches (status)

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Thu, 30 May 2002 15:17:15 +0300 (WET)

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Michael Banck wrote:

> A quick look at exult's configure.in turned up
>
> AC_PATH_PROG(GLADECONFIG, libglade-config)
> if test -n "$GLADECONFIG"; then
>         have_libglade=yes
>         LIBGLADE_LIBS=`libglade-config --libs`
>         AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_LIBS)
>         LIBGLADE_INCLUDES=`libglade-config --cflags`
>         AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_INCLUDES)
> else
>         have_libglade=no
> fi
>
> This should be roughly what's needed, no?

Yes, except that we want also gnome support from libglade; therefore

AC_PATH_PROG(GLADECONFIG, libglade-config)
if test -n "$GLADECONFIG"; then
        have_libglade=yes
        LIBGLADE_LIBS=`libglade-config --libs gnome`
        AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_LIBS)
        LIBGLADE_INCLUDES=`libglade-config --cflags gnome`
        AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_INCLUDES)

The libglade stuff will be compulsory, just like the gnome includes and
libs from gnome-config. Therefore ./configure should stop in the case
where libglade-config is not found or is obsolete. My libglade version is

	$ libglade-config --version
	libglade 0.17

and I can't say which is the minimal version (need to try and see?).

I guess we can think the libglade libs and includes to be an extension to
the gnome libs and includes; in gnome2 even the separate gnome-config,
libglade-config and other foo-config tools are combined into a single
pkg-config tool that can handle them all (but still same way as now).
Therefore the gnome stuff and libglade stuff can be combined IMO, if it
makes things any easier.

	Tommi