[ghemical-devel] mopac status?

Michael Banck mbanck@gmx.net
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:11:44 +0200

Hi,

I was having a look at ghemical CVS to see whether it would build with
openbabel-1.100.1 (needs some minor tweaks I think), when I noticed that
building ghemical fails. The first problem is that I don't have static
libg2c libraries, and my hacked up version of ghemical seemed to need
that (can't be bothered to try clean HEAD again ATM). When I tried to
remove -lg2c, I got:

/usr/local/lib/libghemical.a(eng1_qm_mopac.o)(.text+0x475): In function
`eng1_qm_mopac::eng1_qm_mopac[not-in-charge](setup*, unsigned,
unsigned)':
/home/mbanck/src/cvs/libghemical/src/eng1_qm_mopac.cpp:216: undefined
reference to `mmopstart_'

the miniMOPAC-directory in ghemical appears to be empty, and it's not in
libghemical either AFAICT. Is there a way to switch off mopac? Is it
still needed in order to build? Should one install the new mopac7
project from bioinformatics?

Michael