[ghemical-devel] build error with gcc-3.2(?)

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:21:14 +0200 (WET)

Hi!

And thanks for the report; This week is a busy one for me, but I'll try to
look these problems next week.

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Michael Banck wrote:

> The first problem was in /src/target3/t3views.h. It #includes gnome.h,
> which by itsself seems to #include libintl.h since lately, so this
> resulted in a sytax error:

I have seen this libintl.h-problem also earlier when I made ghemical-1.00
rpm's; then I just commented the problematic parts away form libintl.h and
that's how I was able to make the rpm's. Not a generic solution I guess :(

So I think the problem is in libintl.h ; it seems to be incompatible with
gcc-3.2.

> I got the suggestion to comment out the #include gnome.h in t3views.h,
> wich helped to build ghemical (see http://bugs.debian.org/182251 for a
> bit of further discussion about this)

Ok, good to know this.

> The second and more severe problem is that ghemical segfaults as soon as
> I want to File->New anything. Here is the backtrace:

I'll look at this one, if I can repeat the error.

> I can post the versions of the packages I've installed in order to build
> ghemical if somebody wants them, but the list is *big* :)

I will ask you the list if it seems I need it. Some weeks ago I found
instructuctions how to set up a "chrooted" debian system, so there I could
use the same setup (I hope).

Regards,

	Tommi