[ghemical-devel] g++-3.2 bug report? more evidence found

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:37:55 +0200 (WET)

> > So, replacing dynamic_casts is sure possible as you can see, but it takes
> > a lot of work (perhaps that's why the statement exists in C++ in the first
> > place). So in my opinion it doesn't make any sense to go forward this way,
> > and finally replace every dynamic_cast<>() statement.
>
> probably, yes.

Hi again,

in fact at tuesday(?), when I wrote the above stuff, I was perhaps a bit
too tired into this whole issue, so now when I think again I don't see
replacement of the statements (temporarily) a too bad idea; all I need to
do is to sit down for some hours and that's it and we can go forward.

Fixing the problem in g++ will take more time, and once it's gone, we can
remove/disable the ENABLE_MY_RTTI statements (which are easy to locate).

Regards,

	Tommi