[ghemical-devel] linking stage goes wrong in Debian g++

Michael Banck mbanck@debian.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 19:24:08 +0200

Hi,

sorry for my late reply...

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:55:30AM +0300, Tommi Hassinen wrote:
> Ok, the "reverse experiment" seems to prove that the final linking stage
> is the one where dynamic_cast problems appear. There seems to be nothing
> wrong with the object (.o) files and library (.a) files produced by Debian
> g++ and other tools (ar + ranlib).

Hmm, probably a bug in binutils. I've rebuilt ghemical today on gcc-3.2
and it worked fine even without your ENABLE_RTTI patch. I've now
uploaded a new, hopefully working, package to unstable.

Again, thank you very much for all the work you put into this.

Michael