[ghemical-devel] gtkgl

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Tue Dec 14 04:46:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Heinz Hemken wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to compile the BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH of ghemical I just
> downloaded from CVS. The configure script stops with the error:
>     configure: error: Cannot find gtkgl library
>
> I am compiling on Fedora 3, and it does not have this library. I
> searched the web and cannot find it. What do you guys use and where do
> you get it? I was able to compile ghemical 1.01 after I found gtkglarea,
> and I want to try out the current source tree.

Hello,

ghemical-1.0x versions and the BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH version should use the
same set of gnome-1 libraries, if I remember correctly. The gtkglarea
version that I'm using myself right now is 1.2.3 (the one in Debian
"testing" right now).

> Thanks for your help and for easily the best open source molecular
> modeler around!

Thanks!  :)  I'm trying to make a release of BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH soon
(within a month) so if you have any trouble installing it please report!

Regards,

	Tommi