[ghemical-devel] LC_NUMERIC problem

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:52:35 +0200 (WET)

Hi,

and thanks for pointing out this issue; I know this is not working yet
properly.

In my opinion, it is not sufficient just to set the local locale settings
and use them ; for example you might download a file from another
continent, saved using different locale settings, so it won't work. So I
guess the only way to be 100% sure about localization is to save the
locale information into the file itself.

So in terms of the .gpr file format, we could add a new section

	!Locale "C"

or perhaps include it into the current header section:

	!Header gpr 110
->	!Header gpr 110 "C"

So when a file is saved, the locales used would be saved with the file,
and then later used to read in the file. I'll try this some day this week.

Regards,

	Tommi