[ghemical-devel] Some problems when compiling ghemical from cvs

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:38:07 +0200 (WET)

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Jean Br=E9fort wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I encountered some problems when I tried to compile ghemical from cvs.

Hi,

yes the cvs HEAD version is still quite in a mess; that is the version
which works as a bonobo component. The version that I use mostly myself,
and which is in better shape is in cvs branch

=09BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH

It is a gnome 1 app like stable v1.01 versions, but it uses separate
libghemical and therefore contans the post-v1.00 changes. The version
number is now 1.51.

> First, I had to edit src/Makefile.in:
> - removed /usr/local/lib/libghemical.a from LOCAL_LIBS (I installed it
> in /usr/lib) and changed line 43 to obtain:
>
> pkg-config --libs libgnomeui-2.0 libgnome-2.0 libglade-2.0 gtkglext-1.0
> libghemical
>
> line 44: added -lXi (seems glut needs it). (I encountered the same
> problem with other ghemical versions).
>
> Then, after installation, the program halted very shortly. I had to
> manually install ghemical-server, GNOME_Ghemical.server and
> ghemical-ui.xml. (I did not edit Makefile.in accordingly).

Thanks, I'll try to fix these after a few days, once the transition to
OpenBabel-1.100.2 is in better shape. At the moment, the version that uses
OpenBabel-1.100.2 is in cvs branch=A0

=09MANY_PROJECTS_BRANCH

with a version number 1.02 if I remember correctly. It does not use
libghemical which is a later development.

So this is a figure about the current status of different branches.

=09=09      /--> MANY_PROJECTS_BRANCH (v1.02)
=09=09     /
ghemical=09---------------------------> HEAD (v2.50 or whatever?)
=09=09                   \
=09=09                    \------> BEFORE_BONOBO_BRANCH (v1.51)