[ghemical-devel] OpenBabel-1.100.2 Release Candidate 2, testers wanted

Tommi Hassinen thassine@messi.uku.fi
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:07:09 +0200 (WET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Michael Banck wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 02:58:10PM +0200, Tommi Hassinen wrote:
> > I made some updates into the v1.01+ version (branch MANY_PROJECTS_BRANCH
> > in CVS); it now takes libmopac7 and openbabel CFLAGS and LIBS from
> > pkg-config (although no proper tests exist in configure yet).
>
> Just curious, will you release a 1.02 with these changes? And will there
> be an initial mopac7-0.1 (or whatever it'll be called) release soon?

Hello,

yes I think the v1.02 could be released once everything seems to work. And
mopac7-0.1 is at the same situation.

> I'm currently trying to figure out how to get ghemical packaged up for
> the next Debian release. I can still just hack the Makefile myself a bit
> and link dynamically to libopenbabel0 - I hope you don't mind?

Ok, it's just good to test all this stuff.  :)

Currently the compile/link settings are taken from pkg-config and I think
that should be more or less ok. But what is still completely missing is
the tests for existence of these various packages in the configure script.
So if you add any of these tests, please send me a note so that I can
duplucate them in other places where the tests are needed. Currently

ghemical-1.01+	needs to test	mopac7, openbabel

libghemical	needs to test	mopac7
ghemical>1.01+	needs to test	mopac7, openbabel, libghemical

Also the current build systems are quite similar in these different
versions, which is helpful. So let's discuss about changes, and duplicate
them as much as possible, so that we could keep it that way.

	Tommi