[ghemical-devel] Re: Ghemical 1.51 and Shared Libraries?

Jean Bréfort jean.brefort@ac-dijon.fr
19 May 2004 13:13:58 +0200

--=-AFjsd1F49BTp4zgIiUsL

Le mer 19/05/2004 =C3=A0 11:59, Tommi Hassinen a =C3=A9crit :
> On Mon, 17 May 2004, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>=20
> > One last question for Ghemical 1.5x development. Would it be helpful to
> > build shared libraries for MOPAC and libghemical? I can help with this,
> > though it's easiest to switch to automake/libtool when building shared
> > libs and this makes the actual Makefiles unreadable. (OTOH, the
> > Makefile.am files are easy to handle and the shared library support is
> > worth it, IMHO.)
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> unfortunately I know nothing about libtool or automake, and this is not a
> good moment for me to start learning them either.  :(
>=20
> But.
>=20
> An alternative build system like this seems to be quite easily
> maintainable as a separate patch as well, or what do you think? Perhaps
> this libtool/automake buildsystem could be a patchfile as long as it seem=
> to be tested and "safe" enough to be the principal build system.
>=20
> Any ideas/comments?

I fully agree with Geoff. Shared libraries are easier to use in many
cases and libtool/automake make easy to build shared, static libraries
or both. I can help too.

Jean

--=-AFjsd1F49BTp4zgIiUsL

--=-AFjsd1F49BTp4zgIiUsL--