[ghemical-devel] So close but ... libghemical.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Dr. Seth Olsen seth.olsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:31:58 EST 2005

Hi Ghemicalers,

I have made a new leap in my long frustrated quest to get ghemical to work
on my new machine (FC4, gcc-4.0.1, w/ openbabel-1.100.2.& mopac7).  It has
been highly educational.  However, when I invoke the executable it fails to
start, giving the message:

ghemical: error while loading shared libraries: libghemical.so.0: cannot

Which is odd because libghemical.so, libchemical.so.0 (both of which link to
*.so.0.0.0) are clearly in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib is also in my
path.  I have also added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  No dice.  I
even uninstalled OB-2.0 in favor of the previous latest version, to make
sure it wasn't a compatability problem.

Is there a stupid mistake I'm making here?   Thanks for any advice.  I am
very, very eager to try this program out as it seems it would make my life &
research lots easier.

Cheers,

Seth

--
ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomolecular Modeling Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Chemistry Building,
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 33653732
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms