[ghemical-devel] Re: Ghemical and "Dummy Atoms"

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff at geoffhutchison.net
Tue Nov 15 17:44:48 EST 2005

I use Ghemical a lot when I'm developing and debugging Open Babel.
One of the new formats I added (PCModel) incorporates explicit lone-
pair electron sites, which translate as dummy atoms. But Ghemical
currently doesn't know what to do with dummy atoms -- it shows them
as these brown spheres and it kills geometry optimizations, energies,
etc. ...

Should I change the Ghemical output code for Open Babel to ignore
dummy atoms?

Cheers,
-Geoff