[ghemical-devel] Problems installing (gtkgl)

Rocco Moretti rmoretti at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 14 12:08:44 EST 2005

Jean Bréfort wrote:
 > Le vendredi 11 novembre 2005 à 14:17 -0600, Rocco Moretti a écrit :
 >
 >>Hello All,
 >>
 >>I am unable to get ghemical to install on our Linux Mandriva 2005
 >>system.
 >
 > Hmm, which ghemical version are you trying to install? I think that
 > for 1.0.2, you need gtkglarea-1.2, not the 2.0 version.

Sorry, I knew I forgot something in the email. I'm trying to install
Ghemical version 1.02. For the gtkglarea libraries, the following rpm
packages are installed:

$  rpm -qa | grep gtkgl
lib64gtkglarea2.0-1.99.0-8mdk
lib64gtkglarea2.0-devel-1.99.0-8mdk
lib64gtkglarea5-1.2.3-7mdk
lib64gtkglarea5-devel-1.2.3-7mdk
libgtkglarea2.0-1.99.0-8mdk
libgtkglarea2.0-devel-1.99.0-8mdk
libgtkglarea5-1.2.3-7mdk
libgtkglarea5-devel-1.2.3-7mdk

Tommi Hassinen wrote:

> You did not mention the version number. The older version 1.02 is a
> gnome-1 application and it needs "gtkglarea" while the 1.9x versions
> are gtk2 applications and need "libgtkglext".
>
> If you have installed the "dev" package (for libgtkgtlext) properly, you
> will have a header file "gtkgl.h" installed in your system:
>
> $ locate gtkgl.h
> /usr/include/gtkglext-1.0/gtk/gtkgl.h
>
> For gtkglarea the header file is called gtkglarea.h :
>
> $ locate gtkglarea.h
> /usr/include/gtkgl/gtkglarea.h

$ locate gtkgl.h
$ locate gtkglarea.h
/usr/include/gtkgl/gtkglarea.h
/usr/include/gtkgl-2.0/gtkgl/gtkglarea.h

I guess I'm still a little confused on version numbers - is the "5" in
gtkglarea5 part of a version number or not? Unfortunately, the link to
the "homepage" of gtkglarea that I've found
(http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jlof/gtkglarea/) seems to be dead.

Thanks,
-Rocco