[ghemical-devel] ghemical-1.90 build failure on 64-bit arches

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Sat Oct 8 11:17:47 EDT 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Tommi Hassinen wrote:

> this has a good idea how to solve the problem. I think it's a bit incomplete
> however, so I'll finish it and let you know when it's ready.

Ok, it should be ready now, and it's in CVS already.

I haven't made a separate patch since changes happened in libghemical as
well ; I decided to permanently store the generated atom/object
identifiers instead of constantly looking for them from a container (that
could degrade graphics performance).

The idea goes as in the original patch so that no pointers are any more
pushed into the OpenGL name stack, but identifiers or "keys" instead.
These "keys" have been registered before use, and the "key"/pointer pairs
are stored into a container for quick search. The "keys" are pushed into
the OpenGL name stack, and in selections-related operations the keys that
are obtained from OpenGL are used for searching a corresponding pointer
from the container.

According to my testing everything works as before ; please test on the
64-bit platforms then...

Regards,

 	Tommi