[ghemical-devel] On MOPAC, g2c.h and header files

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Mon Oct 10 04:29:12 EDT 2005

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Michael Banck wrote:

>> I could wait so that the recent 64-bit OpenGL changes are tested.
>
> I would happily put those into Debian, but I got stuck with the mopac
> changes.  Could you release mopac first perhaps? (it does not seem to
> depend on the others), then I could upload the 64bit changes to
> libghemical and ghemical and report back.

Hello,

I made an "release candidate" version of mopac7 for download here:

 	http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/tmp/mopac7-1.10rc1.tgz

Please read the INSTALL file carefully ; I have not yet found a way how to
compile this with a compiler newer than gcc-3.2. The problem here is that
the C code is generated by the f2c converter tool from fortran, and the
current versions of this converter seems to generate code that is not
accepted by gcc-3.3, gcc-3.4 or gcc-4.0. So I have simply used

 	CC=gcc-3.2 ./configure

to make thigs work.

Regards,

 	Tommi