[ghemical-devel] Re: about versions and organizing tasks

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Thu Apr 13 07:49:25 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Jean Bréfort wrote:

> I already have a mozilla plugin in gchemutils. It has not many feature
> at present, but I intend to extend it when time permits. It is based on
> GtkGLExt and OpenBabel.
> I do not see why an OpenGL-only plugin make things easier. If you need
> buttons or other controls, any toolkit will work.

This sounds very interesting, thanks!  :)  I'll study a bit more about
this.

My idea about an OpenGL-only plugin was about portability ; the NPAPI
documentation says one should really do a three versions of a plugin :
Windows + Unix + MacOS. I guess that the mozilla-bonobo converter is
intended to work with a "Unix" build of mozilla only (I'm just really
surprised if the converter is more universal!). Perhaps one can still make
mozilla-bonobo and it's components work on top of cygwin at some point
(and the same is true for Fink/MacOS?)?

Happy Easter,

 	Tommi