[ghemical-devel] Compiling ghemical on Redhat Linux

Rzepa, Henry h.rzepa at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 08:00:15 EDT 2006

We are having problems compiling ghemical on  Redhat (Enterprise  3).

The specific error is

checking for GTK... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6.0) were not met:

gtk is installed  (at gtk: /etc/gtk /usr/lib/gtk),  but our efforts to compile grk+-2.0
clean reveal so many dependencies (recursive to about  8 levels)  that we
are not sure we are not simply going to mangle the system. Its not obvious
also how to configure the pkg-config search path to supply what it wants.

Would anyone perchance have  an rpm  install binary of
Ghemical for this OS which obviates the need to compile it?
--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax); rzepahs at mac.com (iChat)

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).