[ghemical-devel] Packages to install Ghemical on Windows

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Fri Mar 17 06:22:59 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Ludovic Pétain wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to install Ghemical on Windows and I've seen that it is
> necessary to install Cygwin and some other software (gtk, glib, etc.).
> I would like to know what is the complet list of these softwares and,
> if it is possible, in which order I have to install them for Ghemical
> 1.02

Hello,

here are some of my old experiments with cygwin and ghemical-1.0x :

 	http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/ghemical/cygwin.html

Since then I have not tried it, but at the moment I suggest you try newer
versions 1.9x (which are gtk+-2.0 applications). First install everything
gtk/gnome -related from cygwin, and then manually install gtkglext-1.05 or
later (if it's not yet contained in cygwin, it wasn't about 3 months ago).
Then just install libghemical/ghemical v1.91 and that's all.

I hope this helps,

 	Tommi

PS: here :

 	http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/tmp/screenshot.jpg

...is a screenshot of my cygwin-ghemical-v1.91-installation.