[ghemical-devel] Ghemical-2.95 is now released

Tommi Hassinen thassine at messi.uku.fi
Mon Oct 8 06:17:54 EDT 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Daniel Macks wrote:

> I think you're seeing this backwards: it isn't a case of "breaking
> API", but rather of keeping same API (apparently) but changing the
> SONAME as if it *were* incompatible. So you'd have a

Yes, this is more or less what I intended. In libghemical not only API
changes but also changes in parameter files sometime justify changes in
SONAME.

But I now understand that the SONAMEs in libghemical and liboglappth are
chosen badly and should be fixed ; the SONAME for

libghemical should change from 2:95:0 to 3:0:0 and SONAME for

liboglappth should change from 0:95:0 to 1:0:0

Please reply to me and tell if this makes sense and is what you expect ;
I'll then make new releases and fix these.

Regards,

 	Tommi