[ghemical-devel] Debian watch file broken by download page design

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Aug 1 10:54:07 EDT 2008

Hi Tommi,

Some time ago I asked you to create a symlink "current", so we (the
Debian package maintainers - and maybe others too) can easily track
newly released versions of liboglappth, libghemical, ghemical and
mopac7. With the new release of ghemical et al. we cannot track mopac7
anymore, because the latest released tarball of it is not part of the
new directory. If you would make a mopac7 release and point "current" to
this directory, we will not be able to track ghemical etc al. anymore.

I'm therefor suggesting two possible solutions. Maybe you like one of
them or maybe you have a different suggestion:

- use only one release200XXXXX directoty and put the latest tarballs of
all software packages into it and the older tarballs in archive - then
"current" could be a symlink to this directory (as now)

- use the current scheme, but put all released tarballs under archive,
not just the "old" ones [1] - we could then simply track the "archive"
directory and you could still use separate release200XXXXX directories

[1] You could make release200XXXXX/$package-$version.tar.gz a symlink to
archive/$package-$version.tar.gz

Thanks and regards, Daniel