[ghemical-devel] FW: [ghemical-users] Translate Ghemical

Tommi Hassinen Tommi.Hassinen at uku.fi
Fri Oct 3 05:11:17 EDT 2008

> So how can I easily test a translation (implemented using the gettext
> system)?

LANG=fr_FR program

 LANG=$LANG_CODE.ENCODING program

Sometimes ENCODING is not needed

You can find LANG_CODE.ENCODING (or alias) in:

/etc/locale.alias

Regards, Vlado

Hello,
I still have problems with this.  :(

$ cat /etc/locale.alias | grep fr
# Note: This file is far from being complete.  If you have a value for
français        fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
french          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1

$ LANG=fr_FR.ISO-8859-1 gchempaint

(gchempaint:3736): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Then gchempaint appears in default English langugage.
Any ideas, what could be done, or what is missing from my system?

Regards,
Tommi