[ghemical-devel] configure script(s) should call PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sun Oct 5 06:43:02 EDT 2008

Am Samstag, den 04.10.2008, 23:57 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> Am Samstag, den 04.10.2008, 12:49 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
>
> > checking your configure script I would strongly recommend, that you call
> > at least the
> >
> > PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG
> >
> > macro and then use the
> >
> > $PKG_CONFIG
> >
> > variable instead to call `pkg-config' directly. This will make sure,
> > that pkg-config is available and that people can set this variable, if
> > pkg-config is not inside $PATH.
>
> Found a bug in libghemicals configure.ac:
>
> > MOPAC7_CFLAGS=$(pkg-config --cflags libglade-2.0)
> > MOPAC7_LIBS=$(pkg-config --libs libglade-2.0)
>
> s/libglade-2.0/libmopac7

There is another issue. GL/gl.h is required if typedef.h is not adjusted
manually. I wonder, if you want to use:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([GL/gl.h])

and remove the #define statement in typedef.h, so configure checks for
it.

> I'm currently updating the files a bit. Will attach them to my next
> mail.

I attach the new configure-script to another mail in the other
sub-thread to reflect, that it replaces the suggested one I sent earlier
(the one also contained a small typo).

Regards, Daniel