[ghemical-users] question about the gpr format

Tommi Hassinen tommi.hassinen at uef.fi
Mon Nov 8 02:43:44 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to answer quickly now, even though I don't have any .gpr file
or the source code available right now.

But in the .gpr file format, you should in !Atoms section define the atoms
with their atomic numbers (value 6 = carbon in the example below), their
formal charges (value +0 below) and some extra information (4096 below
but you should set it to 0 initially). I cannot tell (=don't remember) what
4096 is for. About the atom names, there is no such record in .gpr format
yet.

Further, the bonding information is defined in a !Bonds section and
the atom x,y,z coordinates are defined in !Coord section of a .gpr
file.

I hope this helps,
Tommi H.