[Guiblast-devel] CVS problem?

hua pan guiblast-devel@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:09:32 +0000

Hello, Rohan:

I have problems in using CVS. I installed cvs-1.11.5 & wincvs120 in my
Win2000 PC.

1) Under cvs-1.11.5 command line, when I gave:
C:\CVS\cvs-1.11.5>cvs-1.11.5 -z9 -d huapan@bioinformatics.org:/cvsroot init
it will show me:

>bioinformatics.org:Connection timed out
rsh: can't establish connection
cvs-1.11.5 [init aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

2) Under wincvs120, the authentication is "passwd" file on the cvs server,
in the command window, I gave:
--->cvs -z9 -d huapan@bioinformatics.org:/cvsroot init
--->*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****
--->cvs [init aborted]: cannot connect to socket: Connection timed out

In addition, I tried the login command,
--->cvs -z9 login
--->(Logging in to huapan@bioinformatics.org)
--->Fatal error, aborting.
--->huapan: no such user
--->cvs login: authorization failed: server bioinformatics.org rejected
access to /cvsroot for user huapan
--->*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

What could be the solution of the above problems?

In addition,
3) Shall we use 'ssh' authentication? I did not install it yet.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Hua