[meltsim] Re: [Fwd: [meltsim] Information]

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Dec 17 09:21:05 EST 2001

Carla Clemente wrote:
> I know that Tm is directly proportional to salt concentration, but which is
> the constant of proporcionality? It seems to be too higher.

Do you mean Tm is decreasing more than you expect?

> And when I tried to typing 0.00 salt concentration appears "floating point
> division by zero"

Try a very small number, like 1e-100.

J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin