[meltsim] meltsim on Linux

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Oct 18 08:58:51 EDT 2004

Hi Taofiq.

The MeltSim binaries you're using were compiled using Borland Delphi 2
on Windows.  What emulator are you using?  One option you have is to
recompile MeltSim using Delphi 2 or higher on Windows.

There is another option.  I haven't tried this myself, but Borland makes
an IDE for Linux that can compile Delphi code into native Linux binaries:

   http://www.borland.com/kylix/

You may be able to use the Open version of Kylix for free:

   http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_kylix.html#

If you go this route and make Kylix binaries for MeltSim, I'd like to
post them on the website.

Someday I would like to make a C command-line or Web version that runs
on Linux.

Cheers.
Jeff

--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600