[Molvis-list] Molecular Movies

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Wed Jun 8 07:43:28 EDT 2005

If you can produce a set of images then transforming them to a movie can be done with a
lot os tools like mencoder, ffmpeg, or commercial one like Adobe Premiere.
Take a look at <http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle/mencoder/>
Hope it helps
			mario

clare sansom wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Apologies if this is a FAQ...
>
> I have been asked by some collaborators of mine, who are protein
> crystallographers, to advise about the best combination of software
> packages for the production of MPG (or similar) movies to show aspects of
> protein structure and function. I have tried several ways of doing this
> over the last few years, but I'm not particularly happy with any of them,
> and I would appreciate any advice from list members. I don't know what
> platforms they use, but I imagine that they will have access to at least
> Linux and Windows, and probably SGI as well.
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Dr. Clare Sansom
> c.sansom at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
> Teaching Fellow, Birkbeck College, London, UK
> Freelance computer consultant and science writer

Ing. Mario Valle
Visualization Group                              | http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)      | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.60
v. Cantonale Galleria 2, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82