[Molvis-list] Protein Explorer temporary troubles FIXED

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Sun Feb 12 20:55:10 EST 2006

On January 10, I reported temporary troubles using MS Internet Explorer
with Protein Explorer (PE) in Windows
(http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/molvis-list/2006q1/000231.html).

Today, I have fixed this problem, for both PE 2.45 Beta and PE 2.76 Alpha,
on-line from both UMass and SDSC. (The fix is not documented within PE, but
the red "Workaround" message that has been there since early January has
been removed.)

The on-line PE's at proteinexplorer.org now appear to be working correctly
in all respects.

The downloadable copies of PE will not have this problem fixed for some
time. A prominent pink notice about this has been posted on the Windows PE
download site (http://www.umass.edu/microbio/chime/regisfrm/downlpew.htm).
If you are using a downloaded copy of PE, best to continue with the copy
you have until PE 2.78 is released (date uncertain).

-Eric

/* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
U Mass, Amherst -- http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz

Biochem 3D Education Resources http://MolviZ.org
See 3D Molecules, Install Nothing! - http://firstglance.jmol.org
Protein Explorer - 3D Visualization: http://proteinexplorer.org
Workshops: http://workshops.proteinexplorer.org
World Index of Molecular Visualization Resources: http://molvisindex.org
ConSurf - Find Conserved Patches in Proteins: http://consurf.tau.ac.il
Atlas of Macromolecules: http://atlas.proteinexplorer.org
PDB Lite Macromolecule Finder: http://pdblite.org
Molecular Visualization EMail List (molvis-list):