[Molvis-list] Advice on software

Loren Williams loren.williams at chemistry.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 10 22:07:37 EDT 2006

re: payment for pymol

I just had my entire gen chem section of 96 students (none with AP
chem) download and install pymol. The pymol web page is sort of
confusing on this subject but in truth students and academics are
allowed free download of ready to run versions of Pymol. Just ignore
all the chatter about subscriptions and download it.

I have instructions, sample coordinate files and some scripts
suitable for beginning gen chem students posted here:

http://www.chem.wwu.edu/dept/facstaff/williams/courses/
py_script_coords/index.html

Loren