[Molvis-list] How can I include a rasmol animation in a Power Pointslide ?

Duane Sears sears at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:55:17 EDT 2006

I do not know how to display an embedded RasMol image in a PowerPoint slide,
but I do know how to display an embedded webpage with an interactive Chime
or JMol animation in a PowerPoint slide using the free LiveWeb Add-In for
PowerPoint (http://skp.mvps.org/liveweb.htm).

>From my instructional biochemistry website you are welcome to download a
PowerPoint file containing 3 slides with embedded webpages as well as
additional action buttons for running macros that launch popup, stand-alone
webpages over a PowerPoint slide when viewed in the Show mode.

I know you will need to install the LiveWeb Add-In before you will be able
to create PowerPoint slides with embedded webpages.  I can't remember for
sure whether or not you will need to install this Add-In before you will be
able to view the embedded webpages in these slides, but I think so.

Note that your PowerPoint macro security settings (under
Tools/Options/Security/Macro Security) should be set to "medium." The
default setting after a PowerPoint installation is "high" and some of the
features displayed on these slides will not work under this setting.

Also, select "Yes" if the dialog box appears for initiating ActiveX

I hope you find this useful.

Duane Sears
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9610
Office (voice):  805-893-3499
Fax:  805-893-5081