[Molvis-list] label molecules using Jjmol

Frieda Reichsman friedar at nsm.umass.edu
Thu Mar 8 07:29:43 EST 2007

Hi Sungsam,

To label specific atoms in Jmol, first select the atom you wish to
label, like so:

select atomno=3482

select 324:a.ca
label Active Site

The latter adds the label "Active Site" to the alpha carbon (.ca) of
chain A's residue 324.

Jmol has a terrific new command set for controlling label positions
and label font as well. See the interactive scripting documentation at:
(Note the version of Jmol is 11. If you are using an earlier version,
you can go from there to earlier scripting guides.)

This type of question probably better posted to the Jmol users
mailing list - subscribe at jmol.org.