[Molvis-list] Jmol Tutorial-Authoring Template Released

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Mon Sep 8 23:14:13 EDT 2008

At long last, I have completed a version of the Jmol
Tutorial-Authoring Template (JTAT) that I believe to be adequately
documented, and fully functional. Improvements since I last put up a
pre-release version (July 2008):

  - Documentation on how to use the template, color key functions,
etc. to author a tutorial has been completed.

  - A new chapter on DRuMS Color Schemes has been added to the JTAT
Demonostration Tutorial.

  - The chapter on Animations and Movies in the JTAT Demonstration
Tutorial has been clarified.

  - Functions are provided to easily generate standard color keys,
and scripts are provided to apply the standard color schemes to
molecular views. A Quick Reference page for color HTML is provided.

  - Support for checkboxes that modify the molecular view. Example:
View 1 in the Demo Tutorial chapter on Color Schemes.

  - After centering an atom by clicking on it, the next time "Center
Clicked" is checked, a new button appears for re-centering the entire molecule.

  - The links (at the bottom of every page in a tutorial) for further
exploration of the molecules in the tutorial now support links to
FirstGlance in Jmol that display modified or customized PDB files
included in the tutorial, as well as the usual published PDB codes.

  - Jmol applet has been updated to the current version (11.6.RC12).

Of course, the entire template and website is downloadable in a
single file, jtat.zip.

Caveat: I will be away from email until after September 20. Any
questions, feedback, or things that I botched up will have to wait
till after I get back.

-Eric

/* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
U Mass, Amherst -- http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz

Top Five 3D MolVis Technologies http://Top5.MolviZ.Org
3D Wiki with Scene-Authoring Tools http://Proteopedia.Org
Biochem 3D Education Resources http://MolviZ.org
See 3D Molecules, Install Nothing! - http://firstglance.jmol.org
Protein Explorer - 3D Visualization: http://proteinexplorer.org
Workshops: http://workshops.proteinexplorer.org
World Index of Molecular Visualization Resources: http://molvisindex.org
ConSurf - Find Conserved Patches in Proteins: http://consurf.tau.ac.il
Atlas of Macromolecules: http://atlas.proteinexplorer.org
PDB Lite Macromolecule Finder: http://pdblite.org
Molecular Visualization EMail List (molvis-list):