[OpenMMS] db-loader

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 03:20:13 EST 2008

On 07/03/2008, Semin Lee <seminlee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
>  Just read your post on pdb mailing list. Although I haven't thoroughly
>  checked the difference between the original mapping file and the revised
>  one, it seems that the revising step is for revising fields' lengths or
>  other properties, not the structure of schema. Probably, that's why the
>  resulting schema all look the same. Anyway, I hope there is someone who
>  can tell us the logic behind this 'revising' stuff more clearly. (I am
>  sorry that I am not posting this on the mailing list. I'm using a mail
>  bucket service, so I can only receive the mails from the mailing list.)

Hey Semin, thanks for the reply!

I found that some data for some fields contain 'garbage' values - so
the schema (field types / lengths etc) are all skewed by these
entries. This creates problems in MySQL, because some index columns
are turned into BLOB datatypes... I am thinking that running the
script on 10 or so 'good' structures should be enough to 'finalize'
the schema, allowing us to identify bad structures when they fail to
load into the given schema...

BTW, do you run incremental updates of DB-loader?

P.S. I hope you don't mind, I mailed your reply back to the OpenMMS
mailing list.

--
hello