[Pdbwiki-devel] Category membership and the comments extension?

Jose M. Duarte jose.m.duarte at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:58:37 EDT 2009

Wow!! Amazing, that was fast! Thanks for that....

2009/7/29 Dan Bolser <dan.bolser at gmail.com>

> Note: because the above 'co' expects an empty extensions directory, it
> is important that you check out extensions within a sub-directory of
> the extensions directory. i.e.
>
> cd extensions/
> cd ImgRollover/
>
> svn update
>
> cd ../../
>

> This way the .svn information under:
> * /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/mediawiki-1.15/extensions
>
> is not changed (which would cause a conflict between the different
> repos). It's slightly confusing, but so long as you follow the above
> rule, everything 'just works'.

Well I'm not 100% sure if I understood properly the svn business. But anyway
this is now archived in case I need to do it in the future.

How about other aditional files like the Scripts directory and the google
files? I suppose it's fine to simply 'svn co' on top of them and all works,
is it?

> So... Does this actually fix the category problem? ;-)

I can have a try to see how it is behaving now.

> Done. See:
> * /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/dumpDb.sh
> * /userroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/database_dumps
>
> $ crontab -l # (as dmb)
> 15 06 * * 3 /memberroot/hstehr/public_html/pdbwiki/dumpDb.sh
>

> I also made a one off backup of the files themselves (excluding the
> image directory):
>
> tar cf pdbwiki_dump-2009.07.28.tar \
>  --exclude "mediawiki-1.14.0/images/*" mediawiki-1.14.0/

Cool thanks!

Jose