[Pdbwiki-devel] Security of PDBWiki

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 06:14:23 EDT 2010

Yup we should move back to bifx.org.

I believe that MW is quite solid security wise, with security being
improved all the time (i.e. we should upgrade MW when we move).
However, extensions are another matter. One of the main reasons the
MediaWiki Foundation sites carry so few extensions is that each one
needs a security audit before it is allowed.

The best we can do is to make sure we have up to date versions of all
the extensions that we use and that the apache / php installs are also
'locked down' as best as possible.

I'll start looking at migration this weekend.

All the best,
Dan.