[Pdbwiki-devel] WikiPathways in Wikipedia

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:15:46 EDT 2011

On 14 April 2011 11:30, Henning Stehr <stehr at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
> Did you know that WikiPathways is now integrated in Wikipedia?
> I was just checking the DHFR page and saw the pathway map. Nice.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DHFR

Yeah, I saw this app being demoed in Italy last year. As far as I
know, it's basically a mediawiki extension that can query data from

> The more I think about it the more i feel it would make sense if the
> PDB adopted PDBWiki.

Actually, from the presentations at the BioWiki conference, I think
there is a huge advantage to adopting *Wikipedia*... you get a lot of
'community power' for free, to the extent where people are effectively
crowd sourcing biological annotation using this 'reservoir' of active

Perhaps we can think about ways in which PDBWiki could become a
'WikiProject' within Wikipedia?