[Pdbwiki-devel] Capitals in pdb code links

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:25:16 EDT 2011

You know, there is a weird 'bug' on the bifx.org/wiki that means that
pages are case insensitive, but it breaks links to discussion pages
(which is why I called it a bug).

You're right, there should be some simple solution to this... I'm
thinking something Apache related... There are some powerful URL
rewriting regexps in Apache iirc. We could match any URL request with
a ".../wiki/1pdb" pattern and (I think) rewrite the URL to the lower
case version. The Apache engine then 're-injects' the URL into its
system to generate a new request with the old request headers.

I'll have a look if you don't beat me to it (I'm just reviewing the
SEQwiki paper that some guy just turned up and wrote!)

All the best,