[Pipet Devel] free space for project details!

Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se
Fri Dec 4 05:12:09 EST 1998

J.W. Bizzaro writes:

 > By the way, I would like to get an idea as to how much time we are each able
 > to put into TULIP next semester, or first half of '99.  Choose one below:
 >
 >     A whole lot:      >10 hours per week
 >     Quite a bit:      7-9  "
 >     Here and there:   4-6  "
 >     Very little:      <1-3 "
 >
 > The problem I have is that I am at the end of the second year of my Ph.D.
 > program, which is the toughest time of all.  This means I have a research
 > proposal to write in January, oral exams in June, plus cumulative exams each
 > month...and I have to take a course in quantum chemistry and continue with my
 > research an teach!  So, for the next seven months, I will be in the "here and
 > there" category, and maybe even "very little".  I would love nothing more than
 > to work full time on this, but we all know this won't put food in our mouths ;-)

So I thuoght my last Ph.D stud. year is the toughest ...
I haven't got the general overview yet and I don't know exactly  how I am
going to make myself usefull ...
I guess everything from "very little" to "Here and there" depending on my
other projects ...

Could you give me a short outline over "what's done",
"what's planned/decided" and "what would be nice to have" ...

How are the different language modules communicating with the python core ?
( In my case - how would I glue tcl/tk/expect modules to the core ?)

c ya
-thomas

--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Department of Molecular Biology
blippblopp at linux.nu         BMC, Uppsala University

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...